Engineering and Design Services
Our production engineering team brings value to the product introduction process by being involved at every stage of the product release cycle, from concept through detailed design and prototyping, to volume production and end-of-life support. Our manufacturing services have proven to minimize cost over the life of the product while accelerating time-to-market.
Comprehensive Suite of DFx Services
- Design for Assembly – System-Level Mechanical Assembly
- Design for Automated Assembly – Automated Assembly Processes & Tools
- Design for Cost – Total Product Cost
- Design for Environment – Environmental Impacts & Regulations
- Design for Fabrication – PCB (Printed Circuit Board) Fabrication Process
- Design for Logistics – Transportation & Logistics Costs
- Design for Manufacturability – PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly) Process
- Design for Sourcing – Strategic Vendors & Supply Chain Risk
We can start with your schematic, layout of your board, and deliver prototype populated boards (PCBAs), enabling timely confirmation of your design.
Prototype boards frequently need to be changed for a variety of reasons. REDCOM EMS has the capability to suggest modifications to existing layouts and get the next Rev level board ready for assembly post haste.
Determine Bill of Materials (BOM)
For a new product, designers will often compile a list of the components thought to be required. This preliminary BOM is a long way from being production-ready. Here are some of the problems we consistently find with devices appearing on preliminary BOMs:
- Inappropriate packaging
- Excessive power consumption
- Availability (and End-of-Life issues)
- Non-optimal integration (i.e., one device may be able to replace two devices listed on the preliminary BOM)
REDCOM maintains key contacts throughout the global electronics supply chain. We leverage these relationships to help make your product at lower cost, with maximum functional value. Our component engineering team is ready to help with questions related to the BOM.
Approved Vendor List (AVL) Expansion
- Converting Approved Vendor List (AVL)s to Strategic Suppliers
- Providing Alternative Sourcing Recommendations
- Reducing Single Source Situations
- Managing and Implementing Component Handling Requirements
- Resolving Bill of Material (BOM) Inconsistencies
- Resolving Component Performance Problems
- Resolving Customer Approved Vendor List (AVL) Supply Issues
Electrical Bill of Material (BOM) Cost Reduction
- Consolidating Spend Leverage Across Single Products or Families
- Identifying Cost Effective Component Alternatives
- Identifying Opportunities for Substitution or Redesign
- Identifying Non-Compliant Components
- Recommending Compliant Alternatives
- RoHS, WEEE, and Lead-Free Compliance Analysis
Lifecycle Risk Analysis
- Estimating Expected Component Lifetime from Historic Trends
- Resolving Part Obsolescence Issues
Cost Reduction Analysis
- Bill of Material Analysis
- Electrical Analysis
- Fab Analysis
- Mechanical Analysis
The flexible modular layout of our assembly area enables us to implement the most efficient final assembly process. We use jigs, fixtures, and automation to increase assembly efficiency and quality.
Inventory, Pack & Ship
We are experienced in the management of Finished Goods. From inventory management through packing and shipping, we are a complete solution.
The United States, like many countries, has export control laws. Depending on the product and the ultimate destination, a federal export license may be required to export your product. REDCOM knows how the export control laws work and can help you determine what is appropriate for your situation.